- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- Three to five years’ mechanical experience with heavy equipment. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates a basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
- The ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Must have a good driving record and the skill to operate trucks of one ton or less
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)