- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair preferred.
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience with agricultural equipment. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Understands the value of 6 Sigma in the workplace and contributes when asked. Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving and troubleshooting skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests. Has solid understanding of how his/her individual actions impacts company’s bottom line.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with agricultural processes, business and culture.
- CDL required
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)