- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with additional training preferred through a vocational school.
- 2 years of work related experience in an industry related technical function, preferably with Caterpillar, supervisory experience and a working knowledge of shop tooling procedures and capabilities or the equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, non-verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills with basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar/vendor influence.
- Good creative thinking, decision-making and goal setting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including influence, negotiation, coaching and counseling.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to administer warranties and interpret and apply policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- A good ability to manage change and conflict and basic interviewing, performance evaluation and project management skills.
- A good ability to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and data base systems.
- The ability to uphold professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance and friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)