- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical experience with trucks, preferably with Caterpillar but other industry models are acceptable. Strong working knowledge of power train and electrical systems.
- Solid understanding of work area metrics, takes responsibility for improving metrics and results. Understands the value of 6 Sigma in the workplace and contributes when asked. Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is ably to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates a basic understanding of warranty administration.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar influence.
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Moderate experience using data base systems.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Class B CDL with Air Brakes
- The ability to work over time and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)