- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education with technical training.
- Minimum of 3 years selling experience.
- High school equivalency math skills required
- Mechanical troubleshooting experience is very helpful
- Familiarity with surrounding areas would be helpful as well as the ability to read and understand maps of the city and surrounding areas
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, non-verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills such as problem solving and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines
- A complete knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of machinery such as aerial lifts, welders, generators, light towers and heavy machinery
- Strong leadership skills such as creative thinking, decision making and goal setting
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel. Moderate experience using data base systems.
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds on an as needed basis in order to assist customers with products
- Must be able to operate all equipment safely
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)